1. Tanzanite ranks 6.0 to 7.0 on the Mohs hardness scale.
2. The best tanzanite displays a transition of color from blue to violet, with flashes of red.
3. Tanzanite originates in Tanzania, first found in the Merelani Foothills near Mt. Kilimanjaro.
4. Tanzanite universally undergoes heating to improve its color.
5. Tanzanite is one of three modern December birthstones.
From C Block Tanzania
Block C is the largest of the Blocks physically, and also produces the highest yield.
Mining for tanzanite in other block rely on hand tools and traditional techniques, but Block C also benefits from modern technology, enabling more efficient, safer, and reliable extraction of tanzanite gemstones.
In Block C, tunnels descend to depths of over 2600 feet in pursuit of tanzanite. The deeper you go, the more difficult it becomes to get this stone as concerns over safety increase. This may limit operations in the future as mining companies consider alternatives to existing mining techniques.
1.Headquartered in Jaipur, Rajasthan 2.Active in Gems and Jewelry manufactring sector since 1989.
3.Listed on BSE and NSE in India.
4.Has its TV Shopping channels – ShopLC, USA and The Jewellery Channel (TJC), UK.